Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Shiny!

We could only see four fireworks displays last night, which was anticlimactic after the six we saw on Fourth of July Eve. Why would there be more fireworks the night before than on the actual holiday? Philadelphia works in mysterious ways.

We did get to see our friends Julie and Dan, though, which was great because I finally got to give them the present I made for them like two months ago:


Julie and Dan introduced me to Firefly, for which I am forever in their debt. This quote is from one of our favorite episodes, and it seemed like a good enough life philosophy to merit embroidering on a sampler. I'm proud of myself because I made the pattern up by myself, and if you don't look too closely at the Serenity logo it looks quite circular!

It's hard to make a circle out of a bunch of squares.
I couldn't quite fit in all the lines for the Chinese characters, but you get the idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment