Saturday, October 26, 2013

Goodbye, dress!

I always said I would donate my wedding dress after I was done using it, since I'll never wear it again so it might as well make someone else happy. After a year of it sitting in the back of our closet, I finally got around to actually donating it!
Me with my dress for the last time, right before dropping it off.
There are actually a number of places that accept wedding dress donations; I ended up going with Brides Against Breast Cancer - mostly because they were having an event in Baltimore this weekend, and I was going to Baltimore anyway to hang out with my sister. I have to admit to feeling a twinge when I handed the dress over, but now that it's gone I can't say I miss it, or even notice its absence. Here's hoping someone else loves wearing it as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment