Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Very Potter Christmas

I was so sad after the last Harry Potter movie came out because I thought I had no more HP to look forward to, but this year I got not one but two excellent HP themed gifts! From my aunt and uncle, the official USPS Commemorative Harry Potter booklet:
They are too pretty for me to even consider using them as stamps. Instead I have the booklet sitting on my bureau for staring-at purposes.

From Ben's aunt and uncle, we got tickets to the Philly production of Potted Potter. Tonight was the big night, but we didn't think to bring a camera so here's Ben holding the (scroll!) program once we got home:
It was very fun and goofy - probably the best part was when they called a little girl on stage to play a small part, and then offered her a choice of being squirted with a squirt gun, or receiving a chocolate frog and having the audience squirted instead. She heaved a big sigh and said "I guess you better squirt me" - I don't think they'd had a kid do that before, because the actor lost it and doubled over before collecting himself, giving her the chocolate, and sending her back to her seat.

All in all, 2014 is off to a magical start!

No comments:

Post a Comment