Friday, July 4, 2014

Fun Fourth

Since we aren't in California this summer, Ben and I were able to spend today with friends doing our annual Philly Fourth of July Tradition: the Super Scooper All-You-Can-Eat Ice Cream Festival!
I didn't eat a cup from every single booth as in past years, which I guess means I'm getting old. I still ate a pretty ludicrous amount of ice cream, though.

After sufficient gorging we walked over to the harbor park, where we discovered something we had missed last time: giant cargo nets stretched over the water that you can hang out in!
We are rule breakers.
Adorable rule breakers.
The weather was gorgeous - warm but not hot and just a bit of breeze coming off the water - and we spent a few hours just lounging around chatting. At one point our friend got a phone call from another friend who asked what she was doing, to which she responded "not much, just drinking beer with friends in a giant water hammock after an ice cream festival." Hearing it all together like that made me realize I am quite possibly the luckiest person in existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment