Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Random Updates

1. I successfully contacted Randall Munroe, and (based on his excitement at my offer) mailed him my cross stitch! I sent it about a week ago, so it should be in his hands at this very moment (or will be very soon). Yay! I also finished the pattern for my next big project, and while it's not quite as epic as the xkcd one, it should be pretty cool.

2. I bought a wedding dress this weekend! It is pretty and makes me look like a girl. I am very excited about wearing it again... in 14 months.

3. I've spent the last few days on the beach at the Chesapeake Bay, at a retreat for work. It was very fun, but I kept getting in trouble during the team-building activities because I am not good at thinking metaphorically. Examples:
Facilitator: Now we're going to do trust falls. Remember, if you drop your partner, it means that they can't trust you at work.
Me: I don't see how arm strength and trustworthiness are correlated.
Everyone else: Shut up, Caroline!
...
Facilitator: If you flinch before you fall into your partner's arms, it means that you don't trust them.
Me: Or that you have a functioning vestibular system.
Everyone else: Shut up, Caroline!
Also, while I was at the retreat there was an earthquake, but I didn't know that's what happened until the internet explained it to me later, so I don't think that really merits its own number.

No comments:

Post a Comment