Wednesday, April 18, 2012

More Murder Mystery

Last night was my second time attending our office's annual murder mystery party. This year the theme was Royal Ball, so sadly I did not have an excuse to wear a leotard. Instead, I was Duchess Dalia Davenport - described as having plenty of money and desire to display it, but not very much taste. I think I nailed it:
This picture captures my accessories, but doesn't adequately convey the vast amount of bronzer I was caked with.
I didn't solve the murder or meet my objective of procuring a husband, but I still had fun pretending to be Hyacinth Bucket all night (I marathon watched a lot of "Keeping Up Appearances" the night before to get into character). I think the funniest part of the evening was my "son" (the guy in the picture) - we agreed beforehand to both use British accents, but then parted ways. I was doing my best attempt at an upper class/fancy accent (like Hyacinth's), but when I ran into my son halfway through the evening I discovered that he was doing a Cockney accent and sounded like an extra from Newsies. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment