Sunday, August 17, 2014

Good week

I got back from San Antonio last weekend at the same time Ben got home from a conference in Istanbul. He brought me the prettiest box of chocolates:
The photo doesn't really convey how golden and sparkly it is.
He also brought these cute little glass turtles:
How do they do that??
Then on Monday I went with some friends to a story slam, and one of those friends put my name in the hat. I didn't mind so much because I didn't think they would pick me, since there are lots of people who put their name in and they only pick ten. But somehow my name got picked, and - even more unexpectedly - I won!


I got $100 in cash, which I used to take the responsible friend out to a nice dinner. Now I have to (get to?) compete in the "Grand Slam" in November, against everyone else who has won a slam this season. Eeks!

2 comments:

  1. What?? No comments?? As a fan of The Moth, Story Collider, Risk, Snap Judgement--I think your storytelling is beyond fabulous. I loved your story at the wedding, I loved it here in the retelling, and I love that you are my daughter in law!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Search google for the sport of (ironically) Wife-Carrying to see pictures of the most efficient technique you should have used to carry a person.

    ReplyDelete