Tuesday, September 6, 2011

More Harry Potter!

Look where I went this weeekend!

Me and my friend DJ at "Harry Potter: The Exhibition" in NYC

That's right, even though the last movie has come out, I still found a (sort of) new method of experiencing Harry Potter! Unfortunately, you weren't allowed to take pictures inside, so this photo is all I have to show you.

The exhibit had a bunch of the props and costumes from all eight movies, it was crazy how detailed they were. The annotated potions textbook from HP6 in particular was a work of art - they actually made up an entire book of potions, and then wrote all kinds of crazy stuff all over it. Other props were less meticulously crafted - the small print on Prof. Umbridge's educational decrees from HP5 (you know, these things) was just "blah blah blah blah blah."

The craziest thing was how tiny the main actors' costumes were from the first several movies - I mean, I knew they were only 10 and 11 when they started, but seeing those little kid clothes really hit home how young they were. It boggles my mind. Also, I always thought Snape's robes were black, but apparently they were really dark blue.

Next item on my agenda of perpetual HP excitement: the Harry Potter set tour in London?

1 comment:

  1. Yes!!! I saw this exhibit too and it was awesome! it was a long wait but totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete