Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Crafty Congrats

I have always considered myself crafty, but some of our friends really blew me out of the water with their amazing handmade wedding gifts. For instance, these AWESOME putz pillows from the extremely talented Meredith:

I love the flames on the burning man so much I can hardly stand it.
While I thought I had the market cornered on xkcd cross stitching, Alana's sampler of xkcd 943 is absolutely gorgeous:
Look at the flowers! And the rings! And the amazing details in the third panel!
Kathryn made us the best quilt in the entire universe - we can't figure out if we want it on our bed, hanging on the wall, or wrapped around us like a cape at all times:


On the Ben side there is his tail-less dog, the Y combinator, one of his robots, Ben in the CryoFac box, and the hall feed call (you can also see the burning man):


On the Caroline side there is my trombone, ice cream, a Carotini, my flamingo Pete, and the pink dress and chucks I wore to prom (you can also see the chainsaw-wielding marmot):

In the center there is our names as elements (woo, beryllium and calcium!), the burning man and chainsaw marmot you saw above, and the joke 2008 brass rat in amazing detail (you can also see the WaHo crew panel, which is from when Kathryn and I were in high school, and was painted using a real waffle!):

How did I get to be friends with such talented people??

No comments:

Post a Comment