Saturday, January 17, 2015

Hanging with my little sister

My little sister* was in a really funny mood today, I think because she was insanely excited about a sleepover birthday party at a hotel that she was going to after I left. We had a bunch of ridiculous conversations - I wish I had been writing them down since I know there were more, but here are the top three I remember:
LS: What would happen if it rained gumballs??! [There was absolutely zero context for this question, by the way.]
Me: It would probably hurt!
LS: Nuh uh, how could a gumball hurt?
Me: Imagine if someone threw a gumball at your head really hard.
LS: I would throw it right back at them!!!

LS: When I grow up I'm going to start a business and live in a pink mansion with a pink swimming pool and pink hot tub. [If you can't tell, pink is her favorite color.]
Me: That sounds awesome - am I allowed to visit?
LS: Yes, but it will be really far away. It will be in California.
Me: Why will it be in California?
LS: Because that's where businesses come from. Duuuuuh.

LS: [Talking about playing school with her little sisters, and pretending to be their math teacher.] I taught them about the nominator and the equinominator.
Me: The numerator and the denominator?
LS: No, the nominator and the equinominator.
Me: [Thinking this was some new math thing that I'm ignorant of] I haven't heard of those before.
LS: That's because I made them up! [She then proceeded to explain that the "nominator" is the math problem itself ("2 + 2") and the "equinomator" is the solution ("4"). She had her sisters underline the nominator and box the equinominator for a bunch of math problems - she even made worksheets for them. I love that she is nerdy enough to make up math terms for fun!]
* The one I am mentoring, not the one I shared a uterus with. The uterus one actually came for a visit today, which was excellent, but she wasn't quite so adorable. No offense, Mariel.

1 comment:

  1. Although I only know Mariel from your stories and the wallpaper you had on your phone in 2006, I was convinced that this was Mariel for the entire entry.

    ReplyDelete