Sunday, March 15, 2015

Murder, She Solved

Tonight was my office's annual murder mystery party! The theme was basically Rocky - Philadelphia, 1975, the eve of the big boxing match between national champion Appollo Freed and local up-and-comer Rocky Samoa. Ben was Rocky's coach, and I was the boxing promoter - my character was described as being from Texas and very attention-seeking, so I wore white sequined pants, a red crop top, and a blue fringed vest. I was gunning for the Best Costume award and so was disappointed when someone else won it - but then I won Best Performance, and I also won the Super Sleuth award for being the only person to discover the murderer and her motives. This was my fifth year attending the murder mystery and my first time ever solving it, so I was pretty excited! It was Ben's first murder mystery ever, and he did a good job - in four more years he will win the Super Sleuth award too.
Each award came with a prize, so I ended up taking home an Apollo Creed bobble-head and a DVD of the first Rocky movie. Embarrassingly enough I have never seen it, so now that I own it I'll have to actually watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment