Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sugar cookies

My parents were in town last weekend, and my mom brought up her baking supplies so we could making sugar cookies with my little sister. It was a huge success!
She had never made sugar cookies before and loved the whole process - rolling out the dough, punching out the shapes, decorating them with frosting and sprinkles. But her absolute favorite was adding the food coloring to the frosting; she had never played with food coloring before and thought it was the coolest thing ever. After the cookies were all done, we just filled a bunch of cups with water so she could further experiment with different food coloring combinations - she was very scientific about it, and tried every possible combination of the four colors we had.

Also - we had this funny exchange when I picked her up:
LS: My sisters and I stayed up until midnight last night listening to music!
Me: Wow! Aren't you tired?
LS: No, I never get tired!
Me: Really? You never ever get tired?
LS: Never! Except for at night, when I get tired.
Kids are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment