Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Difference

Its been awhile since I complained about the quality education I received from Lehman College, but I got something in the mail today that made me laugh:

I had actually sort of forgotten that I technically earned a Master's, since it's been THREE MONTHS since I turned in my thesis and I haven't heard anything from Lehman in the meantime.  So while MIT can turn around a few thousand fancy-looking diplomas in the less than three weeks between the end of spring term and graduation, it takes Lehman over three months to send its graduates an apparently type-written piece of paper, along with the a note that I will be "notified by mail about distribution of diplomas [in] approximately three months."

Was MIT just exceptionally efficient at diploma production, or is Lehman just exceptionally pathetic?

4 comments:

  1. At least you got a letter... I haven't heard a thing from my master's program. I don't even know if I graduated or not!

    Btw I love your blog - I used to follow your teachforus blog. Keep writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then I guess I should count my blessings! Though maybe no news is good news?

    Thanks for following me over from teachfor.us, sometimes I am paranoid that teaching was the only interesting thing about me and without it I am becoming too boring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blogs too! Thanks for sending the link. I am just now getting caught up, since I just started a new job myself. Your axiom game with Ben (in the post before this one) was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, thanks Kim! And congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete