Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Fancy Pants

Tonight I got to go to a TFA fundraising dinner for work, and all I knew about its location ahead of time was that it was in "the Navy Yard," whatever that means. It turns out that means awesome, because the Navy Yard is where the Navy used to build battleships, but now companies get lots of tax breaks to move their headquarters there and fix up the space. This event was in "URBN," the headquarters of the Urban Outfitters/Anthropologie/Free People brand, which spans several buildings (although we were only in one) and is probably the coolest place I have ever been or will ever be. I didn't think to bring my camera, so all I could get was some low resolution cell phone pictures, but I think they still convey how hip it was:
Fancy sitting area.
A pile of giant chains, of course.
Aqua Buddha? You can sort of see some of a workshop area in the background.
This vase was taller than me, and wearing a knit sweater.
I think this is their Christmas decorations.
Some trendy umbrellas. The bright lanterns are hanging off of old struts, which I guess had some involvement with boat manufacturing.

I have no idea what these machines do. Maybe they make the skinny jeans.
Magic twinkle lights!
I found a neat article about the renovation, which I would recommend checking out if only for the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment