Sunday, March 13, 2011

Philadelphia Flower Show

This weekend my parents came to town for the Philadelphia Flower Show, and it was out of control gorgeous.


It was crazy how many flowers/trees/plants they had brought into the convention center, if I didn't know better I would have thought I was outside.


They had just about everything made out of flowers you could imagine:

A peacock
A unicorn

A literal flowerbed
 There were also lots of different flower-based competitions:

The windowbox competition
The front yard competition

The flower hat competition
The daffodil competition

There was even Art made out of flowers:


I have about a million pictures of different flowers, none of which do justice to the beauty of the real things, and I imagine it would be boring to post them all here. So instead, check out this crazy flower hat:


And this dorky picture of me "balancing" a flower arrangement "on my head:"
This was my mother's idea.
Lastly, I got overwhelmed by flower frenzy and bought two miniature orchids.


I will consider myself a successful plant owner if I can make it to Easter without killing them.

2 comments:

  1. what is mom going to have to say to me on the phone now that she cant tell me about how she is going to the flower show?

    ReplyDelete
  2. she can tell you all the details of the flower show, duh

    ReplyDelete