Sunday, March 20, 2011

Supermoon!

You guys, Supermoon yesterday was awesome. Also, I felt really smart reading about it, because I already knew what "lunar perigee" meant from the Recess movie. We could see the moonrise over the city from our balcony and it was amazing - unfortunately my attempts to capture it on camera were less than impressive:

This one captures the orange-ness of it, but not much else.

This one captures the moon-ness of it, but not the orange-ness or super-ness.
I need to invest in a better camera for when supermoon comes back in eighteen years.

1 comment:

  1. did you know that i am certified to use the astronomy tower at oberlin? i wonder how that happened....

    also, i'm really glad that you used "supermoon" as a tag for this entry. in the future, it will now be so easy for me to find this entry among all of your other astrological musings! time to go poop, see ya!

    ReplyDelete