Sunday, May 8, 2011

My New Hobby

For awhile now I've been obsessed with Steotch, who makes the world's coolest cross stitch samplers. For example:

They are all too expensive for me to be able to afford, so until now I've been content to admire them from a distance. But recently she started selling some of her patterns, and after much finger-stabbing and thread-untangling I am very proud to have produced my very own Steotch sampler:

If you look carefully, there are two small errors. Don't tell me if you find them, though, because I am trying to convince myself that they aren't noticeable.
That's right, I made that! I am so proud of myself! Also, now I finally understand why her finished samplers cost so much - they take a really, really long time to make.

As pretty as the front is, I also like to flip it over and look at the back. I think it's neat to see all the raw threads, although I have a feeling that a more experienced cross-stitcher would have produced a less-messy back.

Front
Back

I really enjoyed making it; it required just the right level of mindlessness to be relaxing, and it was very satisfying to see it take shape over time. I bought another pattern to start working on already, I can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. youre going to make such a good granmda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! That back doesn't look messy at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an "experienced cross-stitcher," I'd say the back looks pretty good. You've inspired me to dig out my current work -- a lame garden scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, you three! I am feeling more confident and grandmotherly about my next project already...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow awesome job on yours! ...and the borg sampler...I MUST HAVE IT

    ReplyDelete