Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Sacramento!

I was lucky enough to go to Sacramento this week as they welcome their incoming teaching corps - this is only their second year of existence, and this year's 30 teachers are double the amount they had last year, so the experience was so personal and magical and wonderful, especially compared to when I went through it myself as one of 500 new teachers in NYC. I was mostly working and so not taking pictures, but I did snap a few on the train ride there, since the view was so different than what it usually is on the East coast:
Ocean!
Distant mountains!
Also, one night we got to eat dinner on a boat. I neglected to take a picture of the boat itself, but here is a tiny model:
And here is a sign they had posted in the entrance:
Word.
Spending this time with incoming teachers has got me all worked up and excited to get started on the 2014 admissions season!

No comments:

Post a Comment