Sunday, June 23, 2013

Yet more San Francisco wandering

Ben is in Germany for a conference this week, so I spent today walking around the city solo and hitting all the tourist-y spots we haven't seen yet. First up was Alamo Square Park, for the painted ladies famous from Full House:
They were pretty much exactly what I had expected, although I was surprised by a cute playground nearby:
From there I walked down to Haight street, where I had a nutella crepe for lunch and took pictures of all the pretty houses I passed.
This was my favorite because it was the most colorful.
Not a house, but I took a picture for my pork-obsessed father.
Next I went up to Lombard, and worked up quite a sweat in the process since getting there requires climbing some pretty steep streets. I also climbed all the steps to the top - I think there were about 250?
View from the bottom
Proof I was there
View from the top
Pretty house on the street
I had planned on going to Coit Tower next to check out the view, but it was such a foggy day it didn't seem worth it. So instead I made one last stop before returning home, for a delicious and nutritious end to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment