Saturday, March 15, 2014

Belated Pi Day

Apparently cupcakes and donuts have been replaced by baked goods in jars as the latest hip dessert, and Philadelphia just got our first jar-based bakery. In (slightly belated) honor of Pi Day, we went there today to check it out.
Lemon pie, tres leches, and dulce de leche brownie
The tres leches cake was my favorite - all the sweet milk had sank to the bottom and I drank it like ambrosia. Now we have these empty jars in our house, but they offer a 50¢ discount when you bring back old jars - pretty smart incentive for repeat customers!

2 comments:

  1. OMG that means that they sell mason jars for 50 cents. We need like 300 for our wedding. Can you buy 300 things from this bakery in the next 6 months? Will pay you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, there's 266 days until the wedding, so I just need to eat 1.13 desserts a day between now and then... I think you'll need to get me one of those reinforced double wide chairs.

    ReplyDelete