Monday, November 8, 2010

Ouch

One of Ben's grad school friends is going through a rough breakup, and Ben tried to comfort him by joking that being single is probably better for his research productivity. When Ben relayed that conversation to me I feigned insult and said that I didn't think I hurt his research, to which he replied, "yeah, but you're very different from a real girlfriend."

Twenty minutes of frantic back-peddling and explaining later, I still have no idea what he was trying to say.

3 comments:

  1. I understood what Ben said, it's a compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, Dave...am I your real girlfriend or not? ;)

    (I second that it was a compliment!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, so were you able to do so awesome in grad school because Dave isn't a real boyfriend?

    ReplyDelete