Sunday, January 2, 2011

Farm Fun

Today we went to a farm!

Ben is pretending to whittle.
My parents' friends decided that they wanted to spend their retirement farming (which to me seems to defeat the purpose of not having to work anymore...) so we spent the day visiting them and their animals. First we got to play with the goats:


And then the chickens:


Ben was really excited because he got to test out chicken head stabilization in person, and it works just like in the video!
My sister was really excited about the chickens.
Before we left, we all got to take a turn driving the tractor. It was very scary because it had a clutch and other things incomprehensible to someone who has only ever driven automatic. It was also huge.

I don't have a picture of me driving it, unfortunately.
I think the best part of the day was a conversation I had with Ben's mother via texting.
Me: [picture of Ben holding a goat] Ben and a goat!
Her: I hope this isn't like Ben and the chicken [which is the only other picture message I've sent her]
Me: [picture of Ben holding chickens] The chickens are alright
Her: Okay. What about the cows?
Me: [picture of Ben on the tractor] There are no cows, sorry
Her: Where are you?
Me: [picture of us in front of the cabin] Maryland, of course
Her: Oh, of course!
I particularly love the fact that it took three pictures of unusual situations before she asked where we were. Because a picture of Ben and a goat or Ben holding live chickens wasn't enough to pique her curiosity.

1 comment:

  1. i am the queen of chickens (dead and alive BAHAHAHA)

    ReplyDelete