Sunday, January 23, 2011

I am the Valedictorian of Sewing Class!

Several of my work friends know how to sew, and I do not. They invited me to take a sewing class with them at this really neat Philly fabric store, and since I didn't want my domestic incompetence to interfere with my friendships I said yes. But first, since the class we are taking together involves making actual clothes, I figured I should take the Beginner's Sewing class to prevent embarrassing myself.

I was nervous going into it, since the last time I used a sewing machine was in my sixth grade "Life Skills" class (I made a misshapen lunch sack!). But it turns out the fact that I can follow directions and am not afraid of touching electronics was enough to put me at the front of the class, and today I triumphantly walked home with my very own handmade tote bag!

Things I am proud of about my creation:
  1. It looks like a bag.
  2. When I put something in it for the first time, it did not fall apart.
  3. Even up close, it looks pretty decent.
  1. It is lined, and reversible!

I am going to take it grocery shopping next weekend, so that will be the true test of its durability!

No comments:

Post a Comment