Thursday, October 21, 2010

Seriously?

After several aggravating phone calls with Lehman, I finally got something in the mail from them today. I was cautiously optimistic, until I opened it:
Diploma Mailing Request
Name:
SSN:
Address:
Degree:
Graduation Date:

If you wish to have your diploma mailed, please enclose with this form:
  • A self-addressed and prepaid priority mailer from the US Post Office (cardboard 11.5" x 9.5")
  • Two copies of identification with a signature and picture. Include a copy of social security card.
If your diploma is lost in transit, you must pay a replacement fee of $15.
This is kind of ridiculous, right? It takes them six months to get it together enough to have diplomas, and then if you haven't been hanging around in the Bronx unemployed the whole time you have to go to the post office, buy a special priority mailer, make and send multiple copies of sensitive documents through the mail, and hope they don't manage to fuck up because otherwise you'll have to repeat the whole process over, plus an extra $15. Given that they claimed to have sent me this form three times before I actually got it once, I am extremely skeptical of me not having to pay that $15.

No comments:

Post a Comment