Saturday, October 23, 2010

What???

I got something in the mail today from Lehman. It was too small (and way too quick) to be a diploma, so I figured it was some sort of junk. I opened it anyway, and inside was a check for $3,390.

It's made out to me, and even has my SSN on it so I know it's not intended for someone else with my name. But all it says by way of explanation is "Student Stub - Semester 02/2010." I thought maybe somehow AmeriCorps (which paid my tuition as part of me being in TFA) had overpaid my semester bill, but when I logged into the Lehman student portal the "amount due" and "amount paid" were equal for all my semester billing statements. I am very confused.

As tempting as it is to keep the money without asking questions, I feel obligated to call the bursar's office on Monday and figure out what's up. I have a strong suspicion that this is another mistake on their end, but still...  wouldn't it be great if I'm actually supposed to keep it? It would more than make up for all the nonsense I've dealt with from them over the past two years!

No comments:

Post a Comment